As Vice President, CJ Orr is responsible for a portfolio of work that includes operations, business development and partner relationship management.
On the operations side, CJ is responsible for setting and driving achievement of Orr Group’s financial targets and overseeing office real estate and management. Additionally, CJ leads and supports the efforts of Orr Group’s sales and marketing team to identify and cultivate new business opportunities and build relationships with nonprofit partners, ensuring that the services offered are best aligned with our partners’ needs.
CJ has a broad background in fundraising and development, strategic planning, campaigns and event management. He has led strategic initiatives and fundraising for several large galas and campaigns. As a project and relationship manager, he executes on the development of strategies and tactics to ensure highly memorable events and campaigns that meet or exceed fundraising targets.
CJ’s background in finance provides him with a strong foundation in analytics, metrics and ROI. Prior to working at Orr Group, CJ worked in Institutional Fixed Income Trading at Alliance Bernstein, where he was responsible for funds trading, account management, and reviewing analytical research. He also spent several years in municipal bonds sales and trading at Oppenheimer & Co.
Selected Recent Partners
- American Association for Cancer Research Foundation
- City Harvest
- JUST Capital
- New York State Society of CPAs
- Newark Downtown District
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
- Stony Brook Southampton Hospital
- Vibrant Emotional Health
- Visiting Nurse Service of NY
- Youth INC
- Professional Certificate, Harvard Business School, 2019
- B.S., Finance, Villanova University, 2009
- Board of Directors, Association of Fundraising Professionals, New York City Chapter
- Start Your Nonprofit Capital Campaign Right Now, Whole Whale
- Bitcoin: What Nonprofits Need to Know and How It Might Give Your Fundraising a Competitive Advantage, Guidestar
- Using Technology to Change the Way We Thank Our Donors, Guidestar
- A Trending Fundraising Tool: A Junior Board, Guidestar
- A New and Free Way to Accept and Stream Donations at your Next Event, America’s Charities
- 8 Steps for a Successful #DIYFundraising Campaign, Medium
What makes me happy…
Spending time with my wife, kids, and extended family.