Grameen America (Grameen) is dedicated to eliminating poverty in the United States by providing financial opportunities to low-income women who aspire to make a better life for themselves by creating a small business. Grameen offers these women the resources and tools necessary to be successful: financial training, microloans, and a network and community to support the women as they build and grow their businesses.
Having invested over $1.2 billion in low-income female entrepreneurs and created over 105,000 jobs since its inception, Grameen came to Orr Group in anticipation of launching a campaign to raise $300 million, which would double the size and impact of the organization over the next 10 years.
Orr Group undertook a 3-and-a-half-month study to develop and begin to execute on an action-oriented campaign plan that:
- Defined a staffing structure and a plan of action for regional fundraising
- Defined the roles, responsibilities and prospects for the volunteer board and campaign leadership needed to achieve Grameen’s goals
- Included a case for support that articulated the goals and expected outcomes of the campaign for prospective donors
- Established a timeline of activities and benchmarks for the campaign.
We’ve continued to partner with Grameen managing and serving as Chief Strategists for the campaign. We are developing specific solicitation strategies for lead gifts, providing prospect identification and relationship mapping for untapped markets, supporting cultivation events, developing corporate sponsorship recognition strategies, and providing moves management support for all campaign prospects. Since beginning this work:
- Grameen has secured $30 million in the last 12 months; a 100%+ increase over the prior year.
- Grameen has added two new board members.
- Grameen has opened two new branches in Los Angeles and Fresno and is on pace to open a third in Chicago in 2020.
Orr Group helped Grameen America develop an action-oriented campaign plan and is managing and serving as chief strategists on Grameen’s $300 million campaign to double its size and impact.