Craig advances the missions of nonprofits by bringing a change-management and entrepreneurial approach to strategy, fundraising, board recruitment and development. Craig is a trusted partner and advisor to the nonprofit sector’s most ambitious leaders and specializes in helping organizations forge new paths to unprecedented impact.
In addition to his collaboration with Orr Group’s nonprofit partners, Craig actively seeks out and builds new business relationships for the firm, and leads, trains, and mentors staff teams. Craig is a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and frequently speaks at conferences and publishes articles on leadership and philanthropy.
Prior to joining Orr Group in 2013, Craig was National Director of Development and Corporate Alliances for the Boy Scouts of America. In this position, he was responsible for leading annual fundraising, corporate partnerships, and alumni relations for the organization. He also provided training, support, and consulting to nearly 300 local Boy Scouts affiliates, which collectively raised over $250 million annually.
Craig was previously Chief Executive Officer of the Jersey Shore Council of Boy Scouts of America, where he oversaw an organization serving over 11,000 young people annually. As Director of Development of Scouting’s Greater New York Councils, Craig led a comprehensive annual fundraising program that raised over $11 million annually and managed marketing and communications initiatives.
Selected Recent Partners
- Black Girls CODE
- Citizen Schools
- Grameen America
- New Profit
- New York Cares
- Obama Foundation
- Pace University
- Prospect Park Alliance
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington DC
- Ronald McDonald House New York
- Saint Ann’s School
- Stony Brook Southampton Hospital
- YMCA of the USA
- Nonprofit Management Institute, Stanford University, 2015
- Journalism and Mass Communications, New York University, 1998
- Executive Committee, Association of Fundraising Professionals – New York City Chapter
- Editorial Advisory Board, Nonprofit PRO
- Ambassador, CFRE International
- Board Member & Track Coach, St. Dominic’s CYO Program
- Cross Country Coach, Oak Neck Athletic Council
Recent Publications and Podcasts
- Lead Change in Your Nonprofit, NonProfit Pro
- How can you communicate better with the board?, Big Duck
- Entrepreneurial Fundraising: Is It for Your Nonprofit?, NonProfit Pro
- Learning From Peer Organizations: Nonprofits Must Expand the Definition, Stanford Social Innovation Review
- The Path to CEO and Board Partnership: How to Supercharge Your Board, NonProfit Pro
- Transformational Fundraising Campaigns, NonProfit Pro
- Fundraising Events: Ensuring Exponential Results, NonProfit Pro
- Set an Example: Leading Successful Fundraising Teams, NonProfit Pro
- The Two Most Important Motivators You Need to Know About Mega-Donors
- The Long and Rewarding Road to Transform your Board of Directors
- Leading the Business of Philanthropy: The Five Skills Nonprofit Executives Need to Lead Change
- Why Now is the Time for your Nonprofit to Engage in Crypto Philanthropy.
When I’m not working I’m…
Being active. I am an avid runner and cyclist and when I’m not doing those things on my own, I’m doing them with my kids.