2018 – Breaking Fundraising Records!
As the economy has strengthened in 2018, many of our nonprofit partners have begun to assess feasibility and set goals for ambitious, in some cases transformative, campaigns. We’ve been working on campaigns to fund new programs and projects; securing 8-figure campaign gifts from individuals, and leveraging financial engineering tools and planned giving strategies to increase the impact of 6-figure gifts five to ten-fold.
We’re incredibly grateful for the trust that four nonprofit partners (Stony Brook Southampton Hospital, New Profit, Grameen America, and Niagara University) have placed in us as they have taken on the most ambitious fundraising campaigns in their history. We’re proud, too, to be helping The Historical Society of Washington DC raise campaign funds to underwrite its exhibits in the newly renovated Carnegie Library and Apple flagship store. Together, we have already exceeded the initial fundraising goal by 30%.
In addition to running ambitious campaigns, some of the other record-breaking results we’ve achieved in 2018 include:
- Helping the Marriott Bridges Foundation for People with Disabilities Gala to break its previous fundraising record, for the first time surpassing $2 million
- Helping a youth sports and development nonprofit to increase philanthropic revenue by 20% to over $3 million in 2018
- Helping the same nonprofit secure a record 6-figure gift from a major national athlete and gain matching donations
- Helping the Visiting Nurse Service of New York’s (VNSNY) gala raise the most in the history of the event – over $1.3 million
- Working with Vibrant Emotional Health to raise over $710K at its annual gala – the 2nd highest total in Vibrant’s history, and
- Teaming with City Harvest to generate a record-setting more than $4.6 million at its annual gala, enough to help feed nearly 17,000 New York City families for a year.
As we wrap up 2018 at Orr Group and look forward to the year ahead, we plan to keep breaking more records and to keep pushing at the boundaries of campaign philanthropy! 2019 will bring new challenges, exciting new projects, and creative ways to help our nonprofit partners.
With our relaunch as Orr Group, we have a brand new website packed with videos and other resources. We’re growing rapidly and bringing on new staff to our teams in both Washington DC and New York. And we’re constantly adding to our suite of technology tools to help our nonprofit partners fundraise more efficiently and generate a greater ROI.
Thank you to all our nonprofit partners for allowing us to be a part of your fundraising teams and we look forward to doing more great work together in 2019. We hope the holidays provide you with a chance to celebrate, relax, and refresh for the year ahead.